Don’t put your GP Practice at risk.
At Kidwells, we have a great deal of experience in Employment Law. We are no stranger to the pitfalls employers encounter in not having the necessary systems in place as required by Employment legislation in order to protect the rights of employees. As a result employment tribunal claims arise. Unfortunately, a GP practice could have taken steps to avoid these claims if they fulfilled the necessary requirements from the outset.
The designated team at Kidwells can provide you with necessary tools and ongoing support. We’ll ensure the smooth running of your business and protect the rights of both the employer and employee.
Important things to consider:
- It’s important to understand what the GMC and MTPS are and how they relate to GP Practices and Employment.
- Seek legal advice as soon as possible for a higher chance of success in a tribunal or hearing.
- The well-being of employers and employees is important in any work environment, including GP Practices. It creates a happy workforce and environment which is equally as beneficial to the patients they care for.
Support and guidance with every stage
We can help with;
- contracting and subcontracting staff;
- bullying, harassment and discrimination;
- disciplinary action – review, amendment and assistance of disciplinary procedures;
- unfair dismissal;
- withdrawal of contracts;
- false allegations;
- ill-health absence;
- mediations and re-negotiations;
- contracts, policies and procedures for nurses, ancillary staff and others;
- complaints, grievances and notice letters;
- suspensions pending enquiries;
- professional representation including MPTS, GMC and NMC;
- advice, assistance and representation and employment tribunals;
- creation and updating of staff handbooks;
- HR and Employment Law Audit.
Dealing with a claim made against your GP Practice can be stressful in terms of finances and time. Our solicitors can help defend you at a tribunal by preparing and lodging your practice’s response to the claim. Furthermore, we can assist you in negotiating a settlement with the claimant and/or their representative. Additionally, preparing for a tribunal hearing can be daunting for you so we will provide you with excellent representation in order to put you at ease.
The British Medical Association (BMA) is the trade union and professional body for doctors in the UK. The employment advice they offer covers a wide range of issues such as contracts, pay, discrimination and supporting career development.
BMA is also a trade union. By providing individual and collective representation they can stand up for your rights. Additionally, they can provide protection in the workplace. They represent GP Practices interests in developing and maintaining their terms and conditions of the employment and their dedication lies with protecting individual members and the collective interests of GP’s and Doctors in the workplace. Their duties include supporting local negotiations, personal advice and assistance for the GP practices.
Our solicitors can help you with any issues surrounding employment in a GP Practice. For example HR, training and tribunals. We can advise you on implementing changes to pay and conditions, recruitment support and equal pay audits. In addition, we’ll update you on new and changing employment laws and legislation. Furthermore, as this is advice on employment within GP Practices it’s important to remember the huge impact of health and safety on employers and customers within the profession.