We’ll help you to make your mark in the competitive UK business market
This visa allows you to stay for a maximum of three years and four months, however, you can extend this. You may also be able to apply for indefinite leave (settlement) once you’ve been in the UK for five years.
Our specialist team provide straightforward, realistic advice that will assist with your Tier 1 visa application. We are able to complete the application process for you or simply advise on relevant content and documentation.
Application costs are fixed, therefore you will be assured from the outset of our service costs.
Important things to consider:
- When applying you’ll need to have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application centre to get a biometric residence permit. You’ll need to collect this within 10 days of when you’d arrive in the UK.
- You can also apply to extend or switch your visa if you meet the eligibility requirements. This should be done before your current visa expires.
- Your family members (dependants) can come with you to the UK on this visa. This includes your partner, your child under 18 and your child over 18 if they’re currently in the UK as a dependant. They must have a visa if they’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. They’ll need to provide a criminal record certificate from any country they’ve lived in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years. Plus, they’ll have to pay the health care surcharge.
The service was very informative
The service was very satisfactory and informative and kept me up dated throughout.
Support and guidance with every stage
You must meet certain requirements to be eligible for a Tier 1 Visa. You must;
- be at least 16 years old
- score 95 points on the points-based system
- have access to at least £50,000 investment funds to apply. These need to be held in one or more regulated financial institutions and be free to spend (disposable) on business in the UK. There is strict criteria to meet regarding disposable and investment funds. We will explain this to you in your initial consultation.
- meet English Language requirements by passing an approved test or by having an academic qualification that was taught in English.
N.B There are a number of countries whose nationals will be exempt from the English language test which we will discuss at the outset.
- show you meet the personal maintenance requirements to cover the cost of living while residing in the UK.
You may also need to attend an interview at the Home Office to find out if you are a genuine entrepreneur and your intentions are genuine. If you do not pass this they will refuse your application. Our team of solicitors are able to go through this interview process with you, step by step.
If you get a Tier 1 Visa you can;
- Set up or take over the running of one business or more.
- Work for your business, including self-employment, but you should check your work meets the conditions of self-employment.
- Bring family members with you.
However, you can’t do any work outside your business. For example, having employment with another business and working there. Also, you cannot get public funds.
- A current passport or other valid travel identification
- Evidence of the investment funds available to you. For example, for each institution holding the funds you can send either a personal bank or building society statement or an official letter.
- A business plan
- Evidence that you can support yourself during your stay
- Proof that you meet the English language requirement
- Your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test
- If above age of 18 a criminal record certificate from any country you have lived in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years.
If the Home Office refuses your application for a Tier 1 visa we can help you apply for either Administrative or Judicial Review. This depends on the reasons for refusal. From the 2nd March 2015, the right of appeal under the Points Based System was taken away except under very limited circumstances. Therefore, it is important that you instruct our solicitors who will ensure your application is correct.
Meet our team
“The legal process, from beginning to end, can be a very daunting experience for anybody. My aim is to provide clear and effective advice and support to my clients, no matter the circumstance or legal issue, in order to reach the best outcome for them”.