Illegal Working Issues
By employing an illegal worker you, as an employer, face a fine of up to £20,000 or criminal prosecution. A two year imprisonment could result.
Our Immigration team are also trained in Employment Law and will ensure your workers don’t fall into the following categories:
- students with expired visas, or students working more hours than they’re allowed to
- people who work on a visitor’s visa
Let Kidwells either complete the necessary “right to work” checks for you, or guide your Management team through the process to ensure:
- Original qualifying documents are checked
- Such documents are valid in line with immigration criteria and presented with the applicant present
- Copies are kept and verification procedure recorded properly.