Health and Safety management is critical for your business and it can make all the difference.
Managers and Supervisors usually reign over on-site health and safety management. They outline the health and safety responsibilities of the workplace and ensure the necessary safeguards are put in place. Furthermore, on-site health and safety management is beneficial in situations where there are inspections of the work premises. All employees should have had preparation advice and support in health and safety. Also, if health and safety inspections are regularly carried out a safety culture can quickly be developed which benefits everyone.
If as a business you don’t take health and safety seriously you become liable for any accidents, illnesses or injuries that occur as a result of the workplace. Our solicitors understand that the rules and regulations around health and safety at work can be complex for those on-site managing health and safety. Therefore, we can provide you with advice, guidance and support every step on the way.
Important things to consider:
- Having someone from your business as the on-site health and safety management is very convenient. Also, it means any emergencies and questions regarding health and safety can be dealt with immediately.
- It’s important that on-site health and safety management personnel are familiar with the health and safety legislation. Additionally, if the company hire a third party to act as health and safety management they need to familiarise themselves with that organisations specific policies and procedures.
Support and guidance with every stage
Having health and safety management on site is highly beneficial for any business. It means that they can;
- Receive advice on health and safety systems and record keeping
- Have help carrying out legal audits and advice on monitoring and auditing systems
- Appeal on your behalf against improvement notices
- Assist you after a health and safety incident
- Assist you with an accident investigation
- Provide evidence in court during criminal proceedings
- Provide in-house training
On-site Health and Safety Management are responsible for a number of things in the workplace. They must ensure the premises are kept in good order and that they minimise or eliminate all hazards and risks. Additionally, they should make sure there is safe access to and from the premises and that all employees have the necessary equipment to keep them safe.
Without on-site health and safety management businesses could seriously suffer. Without the guidance and support from on-site management, employees could suffer accidents at work. In these cases the consequences for the business can include heavy fines, lost productivity and in severe cases, imprisonment. Finally, don’t underestimate how important it is to have on-site health and safety management or you’re placing your organisation at continual risk.
Meet our team
“As a solicitor and Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, I have the skills and experience to help people who are suffering from any type of employment issue. Helping people in their time of need with compassion is what the job is all about.”