Defending your individual and business reputation
In recent years the government has put extra pressure on tackling high-level fraud and financial crime and to investigate and enforce misconduct and wrongdoing at a corporate level.
Our corporate crime lawyers can advise in relation to investigations by regulators involving alleged misconduct by professionals including financial advisers, accountants, solicitors and healthcare specialists.
We provide support and advice throughout by attending interviews with the police or regulatory bodies and also linking with specialist counsel if required. Additionally, our solicitors understand the demands placed on a business or individual under investigation. Therefore, this is why we provide commercially focused, discreet and strategic advice and representation.
Important things to consider:
- People who commit Corporate Crime are usually those who are highly respected and have high social status.
- Most Corporate Crime offences are governed by law and legislation. Furthermore, it’s important all individuals and businesses are aware of these and have the proper procedures to abide by them.
Thank you for your time and understanding
Should I return to live in Hereford in the future, I shall have no hesitation in turning to you for advice. Thank you so much for all your time and understanding.
Support and guidance with every stage
Corporate Crime refers to crimes that corporations or individuals acting on behalf of a corporation or business entity commit. Most corporate criminals don’t view their activities as criminal since their violations are usually part of their occupational environment.
However, there has been an increasing effort to protect the public and support ethical business practices by prosecuting corporates for criminal offences.
Corporate Crime is a wide area and includes many offences. Here is an example of potential offences you can incur;
- Anti-Money Laundering Compliance and Investigations.
- Bribery and Corruption Compliance and Investigations.
- Cartels, Competition and Anti-Trust.
- Civil Fraud
- Corporate Fraud
- Corporate Manslaughter
- Cyber Crime
- Employee Fraud
- Falsifying information on financial statements
- Manipulating the stock market
- Bribery of public officials
- False claims in advertising
- Damage caused to the environment due to negligence
If you are accused of committing Corporate Crime it’s important you seek the help of a solicitor as soon as possible. Our solicitors can provide advice throughout the process of the investigation. In addition, if criminal proceedings are brought upon you and your business we can represent you during court procedures.
Various agencies can decide to prosecute you on the basis of committing Corporate Crime. This includes the;
- Crown Prosecution Service (CPS)
- Serious Fraud Office (SFO)
- HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
Our solicitors can help you in a number of areas in relation to Corporate Crime.
Services in this area include:
- Advising on investigations carried out by regulatory bodies;
- Advising on employment law obligations;
- Corresponding with the police, HSE or other relevant bodies;
- Providing representation during police or regulators’ interviews; and
- Updating clients generally on good practice and know how.
Meet our team
“My aim is to make a difference and help bring legal services into the 21st century by not conforming to traditionalism and social status but by offering practical, commercial and Latin-free legal advice in times of need to both Businesses and Individuals.”